Thursday, February 5, 2009

Growing Up


It is nearly the end of my birthday day. I am tired but unable to fall asleep just yet. I'm hoping that a little typing will quiet my mind. At the end of my Tues/Thursday kickboxing class we always do a short meditation which is my favorite part of the morning. The instructor tells us to listen to the music and to not think about anything. Which, she always says, is very hard to do. But try anyway. I always find myself thinking about something, but it must be in a compartmentalized way because when she tells us to slowly sit up [we lay flat on mats] I always feel like I've been asleep. So I often try this same technique at night - just fall asleep thinking about nothing. Sometimes it works; tonight not so much.

I noticed that the daffodils are returning at our house! The early Northwest Spring is one of my very favorite things. It is always a surprise to see flowers budding in February.

I've been thinking about my goals for this year. It might seem like a new concept for me, but it's really not. Since I have had a baby for the past year and have been in school for the past four years and before that my goal was really to graduate from college someday, for many years I've simply been trying to keep it together long enough to make it to a place where I could set some real goals.

I have some really good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment